Thursday, July 22, 2010

Some Days Just Don't Start Off Well

Saturday morning, I slept in a bit. When I finally rolled out of bed, the rest of the family was up and well in the midst of getting their day started. In fact, they were just sitting down to the breakfast Hubby had fixed. My puppy, Trouble Maker 2.0, was in his kennel in the garage so out I went to retrieve him. It was a jungle in there. I crouched to keep from hitting my head on the bike hanging from the ceiling and bam! I ran straight in to the end of the bar of Man-cub's weight bench! I hit hard. I saw stars! Shortly after making my way to the couch, I passed out.
I was nauseous and tired all day long. That night, I slept for 13 hours. Woke up nauseous and tired. Napped most of the day. Slept 12 hours that night. Monday morning, I finally went to the doctor. I really wanted to rule out bleeding on the brain or a skull fracture. After a CT scan, I was in the clear for both. I did have, according to the doc, a serious concussion. My symptoms may last a week or two.
He prescribed a med for the nausea (it may cause headaches) and a med for my headaches (it may cause nausea). I'm not sure how I'll know if either are working.
It is now Thursday, I'm not quite as tipsy as I had been. The best way to describe how I feel is that it's kinda like being wasted and hung over at the same time. The bumping into walls and the lack of memory has been somewhat humorous to my family. But I think the humor is wearing off and they're ready for the real me to come back. Me too. Cause I need to work on this...
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: