Friday, August 6, 2010

Yikes! That took longer than I expected!

Wow...that was some recovery, vacation, and hiatus from life! Just as the doctor said  it would, it took me a week and a half to recover from my concussion. I thought he was crazy when he said it. So I followed through with all my plans. We were well into our vacation in the North Carolina mountains before my head stopped hurting. I tell you, the first morning I awoke without a headache, I felt like a new woman! Wish it had happened sooner so I could have truly enjoyed the Bele Chere festival.

As you can see, I still had fun.
Here I am with my BFF, Leslie.
 Here's a shot of our entire group...
(Man-cub is to my right;
Not-too-big-to-say-he-loves-me is in front of me;
The Princess is in the front row wearing the dress;
Hubby was taking the picture.)

Which begs the question...was this year's festival not as much fun as last year's because of the concussion...or was it all those kids? Next year, I'm hoping for no concussion and no kids!

After the festival, Not-to-big-to-say-he-loves-me went away for a week to Camp Rockmont, in Black Mountain, NC. This was his first camp experience. He loved it. Well, what boy wouldn't love all this...
The Lake. Do you see the Blob?

Belly Gusher



That's right...a zip line into the Lake!
Top bunk, Baby!
He's already making his plans for next year. Guess I'll start saving now.

So now, concussion is gone. Camp is over. We're all safely home in our house near the sea. Time to get back to every day. To prepare for the start of a new school year. To tackle this thing called life.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

BentoBoxUK said...

Sorry to hear about your horrible concussion, but glad you are feeling better now. Sending best wishes