Saturday, July 3, 2010

Oh So Tired!


 
Days 6 & 7

Day 6 was supposed to be a big adventure. The kids and I were going to throw caution to the wind and travel to Myrtle Beach. We'd planned to go to the aquarium, Broadway at the Beach, and enjoy ourselves full-tilt. Instead, we gallivanted around our own town. We bought fireworks. We bought bento supplies. We bought craft supplies. And, I napped. Deserved after yet another night of terrible sleep.

Day 7 started busy. The neighborhood held it's annual July 4th Bike Parade and Cookout. Unfortunately, Not-too-big-to-say-he-loves-me felt too big to participate in the parade. And, the Princess has yet to feel comfortable riding her new bike. So, we helped set up, we handed out leis and flags to all the participants, and we hung out at the pool for a few hours. Then, I napped. Again.

Dinner tonight: these delish burritos from All Home Cooking. All Year Long.

 Doesn't Michelle take pretty pictures of her food?

Remember the beans I fixed this week for the Mexican Pizzas? I'd saved half the beans as Michelle urged and used them in these burritos. When I heated them up, I added some dried cumin. Also, used shredded cheese and salsa inside instead of the lettuce and tomatoes. We had salads with the lettuce. All three of us joined the Clean Plate Club tonight.

Here's hoping for a good night's sleep for me tonight. I have so so much to get done tomorrow. Festivities begin at 6:30!

No comments: