Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A New Dress Fixes Everything

Day 4
Well, nothing went as planned today. My misfortune actually started last night when time got away from me and I was unable to make that tomato sauce. Also never got around to buying the supplies I needed to make our patriotic fans for Sunday. Drat! At the swim meet, even with our Poolside Bentos, the Princess filled up on so much sugar that she was up until 11:30! Ugh! Next came The Storm. Because Hubby is out of town, the Weimaraner decided to take refuge on me. Not beside me. On me. It's not easy to sleep with a 70 pound dog on you.

 Trouble Maker 1.0

So today began as usual around 5:30, thanks to Yorkie puppy.

Trouble Maker 2.0
Got the kids up just before 8:00. Argued with Not-too-big-to-say-he-loves-me about why he had to go to swim practice. Got the Princess to Cheer Camp. Picked Not-too-big-to-say-he-loves-me up from the pool. Collapsed on the couch. An hour later, it was off to find a present for my brother's 28th birthday. I'd decided on a Beach theme. First stop, WonderWorks, a local toy store. I had decided to get him one of these:

Cool, huh?

As I was paying for this beach day wonder, I discovered I'd left my debit card at the theatre yesterday. Well, *@%$!

Second stop, Ross, where I found a beach tent/canopy. Now, I just needed a beach towel to wrap it all up! No beach towels. But wait...what's that? The dress rack! Ooooh, I do love a dress. Maybe I'll just take peek. Not-too-big-to-say-he-loves-me picked out one for me. A long sundress. I've wanted one for a long time. And, at just $12, what a find! 

Time was running out, I had to get back to the high school to pick up the Princess and her friend from camp. Got 'em. Dropped the friend off and forgot to leave the application for our Daisy Troop. Figures! No time to turn back. I had to high-tail it to the theatre to retrieve the debit card. Easy enough. Once home, I tried on THE dress. Best part of my day. Not-too-big-to-say-he-loves-me said, "Oh, mom, you look so pretty in that dress!" He really knows how to melt a girl's heart.

 Oh, and the beach towel? I had to get that at Target, where I also found a very cute bracelet trio that matches THE dress perfectly. What a great day!

No comments: