Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Time to Renew

It has been so long since I last blogged here. I've spent a lot of time reading blogs. There are a lot of them out there. Some really good ones. Ideas are everywhere. Crafts nearly make themselves in this blogosphere. There are enough Weekly Menus posted to feed the world. And, yet, here I am, adding my own crafts, menus and ideas to the mix.

After watching Food, Inc. on PBS, I have totally changed how I feed my family. No more regular food for us. I was shocked at what I'd been giving them to eat! Now, I go out of my way to buy local, organic food. We also eat a heart-healthy diet. Those are not the same. Just because something is organic or purchased at Whole Foods or Earth Fare, does not mean it is healthy. So I read a lot of labels. They are very tiny. So tiny, in fact, I had to visit the eye doctor. I now wear contacts.
Now that I can see, I've begun to seriously green things up. I gave my husband a compost bin for his birthday. (You're welcome sweetie!) We use it and use it and use it. And, I recycle everything I can. If it can't be recycled, I try to re-purpose it. This drives my husband crazy but I like the challenge. Not of driving him crazy but the challenge of figuring out a new use for something I'd otherwise send to the dump.

So, wondering where I keep all this stuff? Well, I'm an organization addict. I love to organize everything:
my kitchen drawers;

my daughter's hair accessories;

my pantry (prior to viewing Food, Inc.);
EVERYTHING!
So all of these (hopefully) soon-to-be re-purposed items have a home. Probably in a re-purposed container.

Finally, the last thing I hope I have improved on is my promptness in posting. For that, stay tuned...

No comments: