Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Half-Way

Today, is the half-way mark of 2008. How's the year treating you thus far? It's not too late to change things if you don't like where you are so far. That's what I'm working on. I'm trying to be the me I used to be. When I only had one kid, I was a fun, involved, creative mom. Now that I have three, I'm tired, easily frustrated, overwhelmed. As a friend, I used to show I care more. I'd call. I'd entertain. Now, I email occasionally. I send cards late. I miss spending time with friends. Frankly, I long to be my old self. So I'm trying to find her again. I'm hoping to release the things from my life that are weighing me down and keeping my fun self from emerging once again.

How to get there? Slowly I'm finding. It takes time to uncover the past and let it go. Once it's gone, though, happiness awaits. She's standing there holding the hand of the wonderful me I used to be.

Now, I'm gonna run out to my freezer to check on the soft drink cans I've been freezing all morning long. We're going to make these adorable lanterns out of them! We're half-way done.

No comments: