Tuesday, February 19, 2008

She Says She Loves Me (Even) When I'm Sick

My seasonal allergies have begun. Somethings blooming and I'm sneezing, coughing, sniffing, and post nasal dripping. Not to mention my head is pounding and my teeth are aching. But aren't those daffodils gorgeous? Unlike my daughter, who suffers from allergies and asthma, I have no idea what I'm allergic to. I just know that every year this happens to me. I get it in the fall and I get it in the spring. This must be my spring attack, although it's a bit early if you ask me.

Well, just because I don't feel good, it doesn't mean I get to take time off. I still took Millie to and from school today and went to the grocery store for dinner tonight. It's just a little over an hour before Porter gets home and it will be time to fix a snack and dive into "our" second grade homework. An hour later, Jonathan will be home and he'll need a snack before getting ready for soccer practice. Dinner will have to be ready for him to eat before we start the carpool pick-up.

The good news in all this is Millie is able to entertain herself while I "rest." She just came in from swinging with a big smile on her face. She said she had a surprise for me. Behind her back, she had a couple of weeds. To her, they are beautiful flowers. She said she was so excited because these beautiful flowers mean we were going to have green grass soon and she loves green grass. She has told me several times today that she loves me even when I'm sick. If she keeps bringing me these weeds, I'm afraid I'm going to be sick forever. At least I know she'll love me forever, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.