Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Old Crafty HenTuesday!

Happy to start posting my version of Crafty Tuesday! : )

A bottle of Old Crafty HenImage via Wikipedia
Couldn't find anything about A Middle-Aged Crafty Hen (LOL)

Tuesday and Thursday are my days off. Every Tuesday, I craft. Nothing extravagant. Nothing that takes all day. Just one craft. Something. Anything. Creative. Today, I made a Thankful Tree. I found the idea on Coupons Are Great! I opted to make one slight change. Instead of hot gluing the leaves on the branches, I punched a small hole in each leaf (using my Crop-A-Dile II) and used a piece of string tied in a knot to attach them. I thought it would be easier to use the tree this way. Don't want any burnt fingers! I was also worried about Trouble Makers 1.0 and 2.0 eating the leaves before I was able to get them glued on. This way, after the Princess, Not-Too-Big-To- Say-He-Loves-Me, Man-cub, Hubby, and I record our thankfulness, we can simply slide the stringed leaves directly on the branches. The excess leaves lie waiting on a tray beside the tree.

Leaves-in-waiting

Here's how mine turned out. I kinda like it!






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: