Monday, May 30, 2011

Menu Plan Monday


As our school year is coming to an end, I am both excited and a bit hesitant for the summer to begin. Swim team will keep our whole family busy through the first week of July. That's good and bad. My kids won't be playing lazy in the mornings. Practice starts at 7:15 and is every day, Monday through Friday. Every Tuesday and Thursday night, we'll have swim meets that will have us at the pool from 5:15 until around 10 PM. That means I've got to have my menus planned with easily transportable foods so we don't succumb to Nachos and Pizza from the concession stand. Luckily, I have one more week before that starts!

Here's what I came up with for dinner this week...

Monday: Chicken Parmesan Subs; Chips (Yep, these subs were on my menu last week. Not quite sure what happened but I never made them.)
From Eating Well

Tuesday: Chipotle Rubbed Flank Steak; Cous Cous; Spinach with Toasted Almonds
Photo from John Autry


Wednesday: Moroccan Style Zucchini and Tomatoes; Whole Grain Rolls

Thursday: 5 Spice Turkey and Lettuce Wraps

From Eating Well

Friday: Quesadillas; Salad

Saturday: Date Night with the Hubster; the kids will eat  left overs.

Cheers!
Kit

No comments: