Monday, August 27, 2007

Re-runs

I find it amusing when I sit down to watch a kids' show (with my kids) and it turns out, I've seen it before. Honestly, I don't watch a lot of kids' shows. Every now and again, I'll catch a bit of Drake & Josh, Hannah Montana, Sponge Bob, or Corey in the House while I'm running through the house trying to do way too much at one time. You know the simultaneous laundry, cooking, and picking up chore? I'm beginning to wonder, though, how many episodes they actually make of these shows!

Last night, while dinner was cooking, I tried to persuade Porter it may be a good time to take a bath. He could be clean before dinner, then eat and we could read another chapter of our book before going to bed. But, alas, I was up against Drake & Josh. It was the one where Josh plays one of the FBI's most wanted, a theater hold-up guy. Porter swore to me he'd never seen it. Jonathan also said he'd never seen it. OK, then, how come I had?! Do they think I sit around during the day (without them) glued to Nick TV? Not only was I getting nowhere convincing them that they had, indeed, seen it before, it was also nearly impossible for my 7 year old to understand that they would show this episode again. Is showering that bad? I'd be the happiest woman in the world if someone would tell me to stop what I was doing and take a shower or bath. Of course, I don't know, then, what would become of all that laundry, cooking and picking up.

No comments: