Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Menu Plan Monday (Tuesday)

Today is finally MY Monday! Only it's Tuesday. Yesterday, the kids had a snow day. Only there wasn't any snow. See, that's just how we roll here on the South Carolina coast. We're used to balmy. The weatherman says possible ice and the schools shut down and folks don't leave their homes. So, my Monday was spent as an extra weekend day. No menu planning. Nothing constructive.  I did, however, enjoy the roads all to myself. Today, the kids had a 3 hour delay. The weatherman said that word again! Thankfully, they are all nestled quietly in the desks and I am enjoying MY Monday. On Tuesday. So, without further ado...



Monday: Cashew Carrot Ginger Soup; Grilled Cheese for the kiddos and bread for Hubster and myself

Tuesday: Barbecued Raspberry-Hoisin Chicken; brown rice, orange slices (OK; you caught me. This was on last week's menu. Truth: Life got in the way and I never fixed it. I think we ate Chick Fil-A instead. This week, I vow to make it.)

Wednesday: Corn & Broccoli Calzones; Salad

Thursday: Beef Tagine with Butternut Squash, cous cous

Friday: Chicken Larb

Saturday: Date night with the Hubster! (We deserve it. We've been trying unsuccessfully to get to our haven on the Ridge. We keep getting snowed out. By actual snow. Having no 4WD, we cannot possibly make it up the mountain. So, a date night is in order. We need to plan our next attempted visit.) 

No comments: