Wednesday, September 26, 2007

When our words come back to haunt us

This past week was full of tons for me to do. Joe's family was coming in town for a wedding. Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, his parents, sister and her family...all were coming and would be joining us for dessert on Friday night. Needless to say, I had plenty to do to get ready. Not that I minded but there was lots to do. And, I guess the stress got to me a bit as I picked up the same things over and over again. You know, the kids' clothes, toys and shoes that can't seem to find their way to the proper place...ever?! Millie was following me around with a deck of cards in her hands. As I looked back at her, I noticed the entire deck was no longer together. She'd left a trail. I suppose it was just in case we got lost in her brothers' closet and needed to find our way back out. Kinda smart since the closet was a disaster area. Anyway, in my frustration of having to stop the clutter control of my closet duty and focus on finding all 52 cards, I think my voice may have left calm and entered an obvious peeved volume. She looked at me calmly and said, "Mommy, I think you need a nap."
No. There was no nap for me but the humor of her comment (the same one I'd made to her a zillion times) was just the kick in the pants I needed to put it all back in perspective and get it all done. Thanks Millie!

No comments: